Monday, September 13, 2010

Twelve







Omaha Zoo Two Weeks Ago

Not pictured: George and Robert.


The male gorilla decided he didn't care for Stella, so he charged the glass where she was standing. It scared the living daylights out of me and it was so loud when he banged on that glass that the whole Primate House went silent for a moment. One minute my baby girl was standing there staring at the baby gorilla and his mama, the next minute she was screaming in terror and reaching for her own mama.

I'm grateful the only wild creatures that attack my kids are, well, each other.

2 comments:

Christie said...

Freaky! That would scare me to death.

And that picture of Jack is FANTASTIC. Love it so much. It is so him.

Sara said...

I'm pretty sure that gorilla is the only thing on the earth that doesn't just love Stella and if he got to know her, he'd love her.
Dumb gorilla.

I have to admit, I'm glad to see some of the photography I'm used to back on the blog. Thanks.