Friday, January 30, 2009

Take a Chance on Me

Henceforth, all people who wish to become friends with Rosie, or generally be admitted into RosieWorld, shall be in possession of the following words printed on a laminated card:

Rosie is a unique individual with a complicated personality.  Through the years, many words have been used to describe Rosie:  bossy, fun, energetic, sassy, generous, patient, skinny, selfish, chubby, lazy, insecure, flaky, prompt, insensitive, reliable, late, confident, way too sensitive, genuine, authentic, shocking . . . well, you get the idea.  We are confident that, should you decide to pursue a relationship with  her, you will come up with your own words to describe her (some of them may have four letters, and she forgives you.)  

A four letter word that Rosie has never been accused of being is "nice."  This is because she does not own a pair of kid gloves thus she cannot handle you with any.  Rosie would never hurt your feelings on purpose, but the filter between her brain and her mouth does not always work.  She is aware of this flaw in herself and works to correct it every day.  

Rosie thinks that being nice is overrated.

If Rosie is good at something, it is because she has worked hard to become so.  There are not many things that come naturally to Rosie (except sarcasm, irony, and grouchiness,) so please don't begrudge her the things she happens to be good at.  

Rosie's flaws include, but are not limited to, those listed above.  We are sure that, should you choose to pursue a friendship with her, you will be able to add to the list in no time.  

If, after this disclosure, you choose to move along and find other friends, then good for you and Thank You.  Rosie does not wish to waste her time or invest her emotions in anyone who would sacrifice a friendship with her due to their own insecurities.  

If, however, you choose to be friends with Rosie, flawed as she is, then congratulations! You have found a lifelong friend who will celebrate your successes with you, someone to cheer you on as you try new things, and someone who will mourn with you as your heart breaks.  Through your friendship with her, we encourage you to help Rosie become a better person.  Because, as you will discover shortly, she really, really needs it.

Thank you and good night.

11 comments:

diana said...

Thanks for the vocabulary lesson.

...and I think you're nice.

Christie said...

Nice is overrated. I like sarcastic, ironic, and grouchy.

Probably because it reminds me of myself.

Chrissy Jo said...

Dear friend, can I call you friend? What an interesting glimpse into your mind. Thanks for being "genuine". :-)

mae said...

If you need me let me know and I'll be around. If you've got no place to go when you're feelin' down. Take a chance on me...

Rosie- I love your "flawed" personality (as long as you are not mad at - hee hee). You happen to be one of the funniest, most thoughtful, talented, genuine, and beautiful people I know.

Thanks for being you.

Unknown said...

Liz,

I love your blog and your honesty. I am going to miss you so much in the Relief Society Presidency. You always make me smile and help me to not take things so seriously. Thank you for being you and helping me see it is okay to be me.

The Yarn Queen said...

I count you a friend and pretty darn sharp with the pen. Touching and realistic and we love you as you are. If you didn't have any flaws, then I would be jealous.

sarita said...

I loved your self-indulgent brain dump.

You are definitely one of my favorite people and I totally choose to be your friend!

Julie said...

You are perfect, flaws and all!

Matt and Erin said...

You make me laugh, Liz. And you are nice...and I'm glad I'm your friend.

Andrea Holley said...

You are so funny . . . and just my kind of gal. I wish I lived closer to you.

Marie said...

So, I'm guessing your name is Liz from your previous commenters. Is your middle name Rose? Me TOO! My parents and now my husband call me Rosie...it's so sweet and endearing although quite often I don't feel too sweet and endearing and I've even been accused of being nice. I love you blog....dang it, one more to add to the GOoooogle Reader that I just have to follow. I'll be back for sure.