Saturday, January 31, 2009

Why I am a dull person

If you are my facebook friend, you may have already seen this.  Oh, well.  It's good blog fodder.

1. My sister and I used to pretend we were on a t.v. show every time we unloaded/loaded the dishwasher.  We gave tips and advice to our imaginary audience.

2.  I used to pretend I was on a t.v. show about hair and makeup advice whenever I was primping in the bathroom.

3. Now I pretend I am on a cooking show whenever I cook dinner.  I even pause to take pictures so that I  can (eventually) rerun the episodes on the blog.  Preservation for posterity and that sort of thing.

4.  My favorite kind of t.v. shows are home organization shows, makeover shows, and cooking shows.

5.  But now we don't have cable, so I never get to watch Clean Sweep, What Not to Wear, or Barefoot Contessa.  I miss cable.

6.  I love movies.

7.  I love music.  (This comes from my mom.  I used to skip school and come home and hear her blasting the Beverly Hills Cop soundtrack over my dad's magnaplaners and dancing around the house.)

8.  I love musical theatre.

9.  I love to spell theatre like that because I am super fancy.

10.  I don't give compliments unless I genuinely mean them.

11.  I try to compliment everyone I come into contact with (it helps me be a more positive person.  Because, after all, I am naturally tres sarcastic, ironic and grouchy.)

12.  I'm pretty good at finding new friends.  Robert is very good at keeping them around.  (You know it's true.  I may have reeled you in, but Bob's the reason you're still around.  He's the one with depth.)

13.  Robert was hypnotized into deciding to marry me.  True story.

14.  Before I had kids, I used to spend hours in the children's books section at Barnes and Noble.

15.  I'm pretty sure that my in-laws had to grow to love me.  It took awhile.

16.  Except for Diana.  She used to tell me (back when we were in high school) that she wanted me to marry one of her brothers  so that we could be sisters.

17.  Nowadays my in-laws adore the heck outta me.  (Admit it, guys, you love me!)

18.  I think that if the families of the world would return to the nightly dinner table, it would solve a lot of problems.

19.  I also believe that the ability to laugh at yourself is one of the keys to finding joy.  That way, no matter where you are, you've got something to laugh at.

20.  Robert helps me laugh at myself all the time.

21.  I didn't comb my hair today.

22.  I'm surprised you are still reading this, because I am getting bored typing it.

23.  Today I am wearing comfy shoes.

24.  I only drink diet soda, never ever ever the sugary kind.  But my favorite thing to drink is water.

25.  Seriously, go find something to do.  This was a complete waste of your time.  Unless you had insomnia when you sat down to read, because you have probably been cured.  But if that's true, you are passed out on your keyboard and have drooled all over the keys.  Gross. 

12 comments:

That's Ms. Amy to You... said...

Oh, you are a hoot. I'd like to move from blog stalker to blog friends, please. I think you and I could be good friends - possibly even in real life (But only if I learn how to make small talk; I am terrible at that). #15 & #21 are my favorites, as I can empathize with both. And that's A-OK. (and PS - I love spelling colour like that because I, too, am super fancy).

sarita said...

I still love the children's book section at BN.

And you are one of the most interesting people I know. Seriously.

Sissy Jackson said...

Ha, I found you as well. Liz, you are a great writer. You should write a funny book like Sex in the City kinda thing...what ya think? Except...I think you may be to virtious!!!did I spell that right?
I miss you...call me...269-903-2550 cell 269-873-9391
6936 Windemere St.
Portage MI
49024

mae said...

OH MY GOSH! I have been pretending I was on a cooking show since I was 5 years old.

You are hilarious.

Oh yeah, I remember when Bob was hypnotized at Vladimir or whatever.

RyanH said...

(wiping my drool off of my keyboard) oh wait... why was I here again? ;)

Great post!

Christie said...

Totally want to pretend I'm on a cooking show, but nobody cooks as badly as me. I'd be cancelled in the first week. From my imaginary cooking show.

Pamela said...

Well I have to say that you are anything but boring ! I thought everyone had an imaginary audience while they were doing the dishes. Maybe that would help me like the dishes a heck of a lot more!

Julie said...

Liz, you are anything but boring, and yes, you do need to write a book! Love you.

jamirodana said...

Liz, you are so real and amazing! haha. Funny too!
thanks for commenting on my blog. I lost everyone's addresses when I decided to change my blog background......
I will put you back and visit often:)
I would so love a get away to Chicago. Never been.

Sara said...

Do you pronounce it theatuh?

Linette Smith said...

i especially love no. 21 - you didn't comb your hair. sometimes the day goes by so fast that it's bedtime before you know it and why comb it then? it was a fun list to read. Linette

Robyn said...

Liz, either you're not boring, or I am just lame because not only did I read all the way through, but I thoroughly enjoyed and wished that you had shared 25 more things!

You know I love ya!