Friday, September 2, 2011

Two

I have become a phonetographer. It's due to a mixture of laziness on my part and the fact that my camera has been acting a little funny. If the lack of quality in my photos bothers you, you can click on them and they look a smidge sharper. Some of these were taken in really low light, though, so I don't know how much the quality will improve.
This morning we woke the kids up at 4:15 and drove to Zion's National Park. We hiked the Canyon Overlook trail.

My poor kids were quite apprehensive about hiking in the dark, even with flashlights. Except for George. His words as we hiked the trail were "I am so HAPPY right now, mama!"
We surprised the kids with a breakfast of donuts and chocolate milk which we ate as we watched the sun come up.
As we ate, we talked a little bit about courage, and what it means to be courageous.

We discussed the difference between acts of physical courage and acts of moral courage.

We all agreed that it was pretty courageous of Ol' Lefty to go on that hike with us even though his right arm is in a cast.

(I think it is courageous of me to post pictures of myself with no makeup.)

We drove back into town and the kids went to school while Robert and I assembled shelves in the garage and unpacked (almost) all the rest of the boxes.
Is this my life? Somebody pinch me, I think I might be dreaming.

P.S. My hair still looks like that and I haven't put on any makeup today.

3 comments:

Chrissy Jo said...

I love Zion National Park! When I've made trips home to Utah from the Iowa mid-winter my kind parents always bring me down to Zion with my kiddos so we can hike through the canyons, enjoy the views, and feel a little less freezing.

Liz, I think you're a really cool mom.

Liz said...

Hey, if I'm doing things that your mom does, and she is seriously one of the coolest! (as are you, my friend), then maybe I'm on the right track!

I can see how a shot of Zion's in the middle of an Iowa winter would be nourishing.

Karissa said...

Liz, I am so jealous right now! It sounds like an awesome morning, and I agree with Chrissy- you guys are such cool parents! How fun!