Monday, September 19, 2011

Eighteen

Forgive me if I have talked about my love of all things infomercial before. I feel like I have, but after quickly glancing over my archives, I can't find any reference to Proactiv or the SmartSpin Storage system and now I have discovered something new that I want to try.

First, a brief and incomplete history of my As Seen on T.V. experiences:

I ordered Proactiv Solution back in the day when Judith Light was still their only celebrity spokesperson. I bought bareMinerals make-up ten years ago when Leslie Blodgett was hocking it late one night as I was up with a little tiny Creed attached to my body. The SmartSpin Storage System changed my small space life. It was genius! I used it for 8 years, and finally sent it to the Kitchen Cupboard in the Sky when we moved last month because the last container cracked. I have never bought a Power Juicer from Jack Le Lanne because it was always way out of my price range, but I have watched so many of his infomercials that he became my fitness and nutrition hero. (He was a pretty cool guy. I love watching videos of him performing his fitness feats.) As I'm sitting here, I can't think of anything I ever ordered from television that I wasn't thrilled with.

Wait. I just thought of something. It was a facial cleanser that I bought from Q.V.C. I didn't like how it smelled.

I spent four years in Iowa with terrible t.v. reception, so I haven't seen any of the recent television ads. Until last month. We spent a few weeks in a hotel and (go ahead and judge me) watching t.v. I was like a kid in a candy store with all the infomercials I had never seen. I loved it! Now there is one that I can't get out of my head.

Have you seen the ads for WEN? I'm desperate to try it. Whenever I'm rinsing the conditioner out of my hair, I think to myself "my hair would be so much silkier and smoother if I were using WEN." Later, when I am combing out all the snarls, I think back to the glory that was those models' lucsious long locks and I know, I just KNOW that my hair would be as beautiful as theirs were I to try that product.

I think I am going to order it.

Seriously, I just went to their website so that I could link to them above, and I watched all the videos again and looked at all the before and afters (because I am a sucker for a good makeover, too!) and I really REALLY want to try it!

As a side note, you should know that the whole time I was watching the infomercial for WEN, my kids were smirking and saying things like "Mom, you don't need that. That is weird." Then an infomercial for some makeup came on and they all said "You should get that! You have red spots all over your face!"

I want to try WEN.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am right there with you with wanting wen. I am also really wanting the prostyler. In my world those two together would rock my hair world.

Liz said...

What's the prostyler? I must consult google, I feel that I am missing out . . .

Christie said...

Please try it and let me know how it works. I've been dying to try, but am ever the skeptic.

Hannah and I saw some informercial in San Diego for a seashell ceramic hot roller thing and I want that, too. The curls were TO DIE FOR. Please try all the products I want, then return and report.

Ted and Hilery said...

Did I ever tell you that Ted is an account manager for Guthy Renker... so I have a plethora of Wen, Proactive, and Meaningful Beauty at my house. Wen is pretty amazing, but use it sparingly... not quite as many "pumps" as they say.... enjoy!