Sunday, September 18, 2011

Seventeen

Yesterday was one of those days.

Two cars bursting at the seams with kids, two baskets full of chicken, grapes, cheese, chips, and licorice, and two flats of water plus a short drive to Snow Canyon State Park is a recipe for mamabliss.

The hills at that park were indeed alive with the sounds of laughter and squeals of sixteen children. Our four plus Earl's twelve were all over the place for hours. Lizards were chased, ant colonies were watched, frogs were caught (and released), and mountains were scaled.

The day was rounded off with an evening football game. I am surprised at how playing football has changed my son. He. Loves. It. Because he loves it, so do I.


It was one of those days that I will return to in my mind during the bleak winter months when I can barely drag myself out of bed because it is so dark and dreary.

Oh wait.

I live in St. George now. This is the land of 300 sunny days per year. This is where people come to escape the winter.

It was still a great day.

2 comments:

bamatamb said...

Sounds like a lovely day! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

Chrissy Jo said...

It does sound lovely! 300 sunny days a year?? I really DO need to move to St. George someday. Everyone tells me if I moved some place warm and sunny I would miss the snow and cold and rain. I would like to give their theory a try...