Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Thirteen

Have you seen this inspiring footage of a group of Good Samaritans?


They deadlifted a car that was on fire and rescued the injured motorcyclist who was trapped underneath.

The man being interviewed in the bottom left of this screen shot is the man who shot the video and our old family friend! He is my kids' Uncle Chris! He taught my kids how to wakeboard!

My sister is working as his manager and she has been fielding calls from CNN, NBC, the L.A. Times, and Inside Edition among others all day.

I feel a renewed sense of hope for humanity after seeing this video. I also feel a renewed sense of urgency to recommit to my Olympic Weightlifting.

2 comments:

That's Ms. Amy to You... said...

I think you missed the cutoff for London, but Rio here you come! My money will ALWAYS be on Liz for the win!

Kelly said...

Wasn't that amazing! My dad and brother were there. (Not the ones lifting the car.) But my dad recounted the event for me and it was just amazing. What braze souls they all are! And thankfully the motorcyclist is doing pretty dang good considering the situation.