Saturday, January 19, 2008

Sometimes bald isn’t so bad

Today we piled in the car and drove to the Mighty Mississipp’ so we could get our ornithology groove on. The bald eagles have come down from their frozen lakes in the north looking for warmer weather (are they kidding?) and more food. We got to see them pretty up close and get a little personal with ‘em. There were so many . . . the official count for today at the sight where we were was in the 200’s. They were willing to pose for my pictures, but I need a different lens for this type of photography. *sigh* Next year I shall return with a telephoto lens and leave more triumphant.


I learned today that John Denver was right: I would have been a poor man if I never saw an eagle fly.


Post Script: Pictures will be posted later. As soon as we came home Bob left to go watch some dumb fight on t.v. at some guy’s house. My cord that goes from my camera to my computer is in my camera bag in the car.