Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Now if I can just concentrate on the last list here

Things I am going to miss:

  • SLEEP
  • Errands with only one child
  • no longer being required to carry said child
  • my semi-flat tummy (why was I complaining?)
  • little purses
  • a schedule of my own
  • smelling good, ie: not like sour milk
  • a husband who doesn’t drive a mini-van (kiss kiss honey!)
  • to quote William Wallace: “FREEDOM!”



Things I haven’t missed:

  • diapers
  • diaper bags
  • packing said diaper bag for a three day hike in the wilderness any time I leave the house
  • constant worry that they might be choking
  • four a.m. feedings
  • nursing rooms that smell like poopy diapers
  • sixteen spills on my shirt, only four of which are actually mine
  • rear facing car seats
  • sore b**bs
  • soggy bras
  • soggy shirts
  • soggy EVERYTHING


Things I look forward to:

  • Johnson & Johnson’s products
  • a kid around here who can’t complain about what’s for dinner
  • onesies
  • peach fuzz skin
  • baby’s breath
  • baby sighs
  • wrapping him into a little burrito
  • rooting around before mealtimes; the kind that does not involve the slamming of cupboad doors followed by the words “MOM! There’s nothing to eat!”
  • introducing another baby to his first lemon
  • introducing the kids to their new brother
  • introducing little Homer to all of you