Friday, January 25, 2008

How Old am I, Anyway?

pastedGraphic.tiff


I spent the Thanksgiving Holiday in Texas with my dad and my brothers. I was just getting over the really nauseating stage of growing a human being in my belly, so in addition to giving thanks with five minute smoke bombs, I also spent a few days sipping glasses of milk and glasses of water. Even Diet Coke was nauseating me at the time. Yes, those were dark days.


After I returned home, I was still drinking cups of water, but when offering beverages to my guests, I began switching to the bottled stuff because I and my husband always drank from cups. As in plastic. As in the cheesy free cups you get on campus any time there is any event where people are hocking bank accounts and credit cards. Come to think of it, our drawers are filled with those tee shirts, too.



pastedGraphic.tiff

Now, I believe in running a child friendly home. I’m not really big on Off Limits Areas or Toy Rooms. After all, it’s as much their house as it is mine, and when they play I don’t want to sequester my children to some far away area of the house. But at what point did I trade all my drinking glasses for sippy cups? I don’t think I’ve spilled my milk at dinner since before I left home. Am I three years old or thirty?


Of course, I thought when I was thirteen that by the time I was thirty I would not be dealing with acne anymore, either. Dumb zits.


P.S. Dallas, I think the antennae (is that the tuner?) that we are using is yours. It’s finally getting up to 32 degrees tomorrow, so I’ll be willing to run an errand or two. I’ll be mailing that and the phone to your home.


P.P.S. My hair is not really that red, but thanks for the great comments! It must have been the sunshine reflecting or something. I wish it looked that good in person. I’ve got to find a colorist and stylist that I trust.