Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Ode to Sara on her Birthday

Look closely all you Village People. Do you recognize the cinderblock walls in this picture? Good times, good times.


  • I used to beat you up.

  • You never fought back . . .

  • . . . you now claim it was because you were so strong and you didn’t want to hurt me.

  • We stopped sharing underwear way too late in life . . .

  • . . . because I finally bought my own.

  • We finally got our own rooms . . .

  • . . . but I would never leave yours because you had a t.v.

  • We raked the leaves every year in the spring . . . while mom and dad stayed inside and watched t.v. and I got dog poop all over my shoes.

  • This year, I’ll be raking the leaves at my house as soon as the snow melts.

  • I am not expecting to find dog poop.

  • Five words: Roller skating in Timber Cove

  • I love that when you list accomplishments that make you proud, first on the list is Van Horn Elementary Girl Citizen of the Year Award. Way to go, little sis. Way To Go.

  • I’m glad you solved your stinky foot problem.

  • You are one of the best gift givers I know.

  • You never used to let me brush your hair, or dress you up.

  • Good thing Scott came along and he was too young to protest.

  • When my baby barfed all over you at Thanksgiving, you didn’t clean it off until I got a few pictures. Now that is love.