Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Inependence Day/Filipino-American Friendship Day

Happy July 4th.

We used to celebrated by roasting an entire pig and inviting everyone we knew to help us eat it.

Those were the days.

As an homage to that time, we had pulled pork sandwiches yesterday. They were delicious.


I made a flag cake the first year we were here, and I haven't been able to get out of it since. It is one of my favorite desserts of the year and the only time I buy raspberries.

We had a bunch of people over to help us eat the food. We have a great group of friends here.

I'm looking forward to next year when we can legally light fireworks again...oh, were you unaware that it is illegal to light any firework besides sparklers in Iowa? Well it is.

2 comments:

Dallas said...

Utah allows aerial fireworks now so I didn't even need to smuggle any from Wyoming this year.

Becky said...

We spent the 4th of July in Richfield, Utah, as we do almost every year. Yep, you can shoot off pretty much anything there now! My aunt's neighbors across the street needed some lessons in aiming up, though. Those aerial fireworks can be pretty scary in the wrong hands!!