Monday, February 14, 2011

A Perfect Sunday

Good food, good friends, good music.

I called Sara the night this happened. She participated over the phone for a moment, but mostly she (and I) just wished she were here.

As luck would have it, when Sara was here last month, the Hancocks and the Slusinskis were ready for an encore.

It was nothing like the time when I was little and my friends and I played Battlecats for an entire day and it was awesome but then when we tried to play again the next day it wasn't so great.

This sing-a-long was even better the second time around.

We started out with Les Miserables which takes place in France, so Sara and I whipped up a boeuf bourguignon for dinner. If you haven't tasted boeuf bourguignon, then I feel sorry for you. We made it twice while she was here.

There is no video of the Les Mis portion of the evening, but we learned that Pete's favorite musical is Grease. Who would have known that Pete even had a favorite musical? I love it when people surprise me.

I hope you are smiling after you watch these home movies. They make me smile every time.

Watch Jackie on the far left, especially in the second clip. She keeps singing to Pete and it's melting my heart.


I love that the technical difficulties don't deter Sara from singing. The Show Must Go On, right sis?


It's so great that the girls move so that they are sure to get a better spot on camera. I would have done that at their age. I would probably do that at my age. Grant is hilarious here. Throughout the clip he desperately wants to dance with the girls and finally he just joins them.

We sang and sang. It was pure magic. It reminded me of Sundays at my Auntie Kim's house.

When we finally got around to singing Seasons of Love from Rent it was after 11:00. That was the song we sang to close up last time, too. I love everything about this clip. Even in the moment it was recorded, I felt completely sappy.

My life is full of Love.

If I'm headed for Heaven, I really hope they have show tunes.

5 comments:

Sara said...

Thank you to everyone in Iowa for the best.night.ever.

Christie said...

Here are my demands:

You, Sara, your families, and your friends must move here and recreate this every Sunday for the rest of my life until I die.

Where, I am confident, there WILL be show tunes.

Sigh. I am so jealous. This looks like the best party ever.

mae said...

What other awsome things am I missing out on while you are living across the country? You just tell me that.

iMzOOL said...

seriously missing all of you. best videos ever! i can't believe you and rob didn't stand up and do the dance moves to the song...i would have.

I'm Skyler. said...

LOVE those videos! I'm so glad both of my new stepsisters have blogs!!