Friday, February 11, 2011

No Thank You

Hoodie-Footie for Women
Hoodie Footies? Um, No thank you. I can't think of much that would make me feel less cute.

Strange pillows/pillowcases. Is that a cute drawing of a boy and a girl sending love messages to each other with old fashioned tin can telephones? Sure. Do I think it would be weird to sleep on that message? You betcha. Do I need a fake hug when you aren't in bed next to me? No way, I want to spread out and hog the whole bed, thankyouverymuch.


Other no no's include:
  • framed sexy photos of you scantily clad with a rose in your teeth~even as a joke it would be weird.
  • all forms of stuffed animal~I'm not eleven.
  • anything that resembles extravagant, over the top planning and execution. I can't handle the pressure of reacting to that kind of an effort.
I think we should buy a box of candy together and share it with the kids because let's be honest, being married to you makes every day feel like Valentine's Day.

8 comments:

Christie said...

So I should return the giant stuffed Winnie the Pooh I got you? Maybe just keep it for myself. I love classy gifts like that.

bamatamb said...

I totally agree with you on the jammies and the weird half-torso pillow, but I thought the tin-can-telephone-pillowcases are actually pretty cute!

Happy Valentine's Day! :)

That's Ms. Amy to You... said...

I love that the footies have her NAME embroidered on them. As if someone else might claim them by mistake. Buy me some hot chocolate and give me a kiss - that's my perfect Valentine's Day.

Robert or Liz said...

Uh honey, I'm gonna be home late, I have a bunch of returns to make. . . I heard a radio add for hoodie-footies and thought, "she does like pajamas. . hmm", Who knew it was a tele-tubby costume for grown women. . maybe I could put on my dinosaur costume and we could go torment people at the grocery store for old times sake

Becky said...

I'm with you! And that pillow is crrEEPY!!

Phoebe said...

I would have to add spending (wasting) money on fresh flowers that will die in 7-10 days. Maybe I'm bitter because I'm a florist, but the only fresh flowers I like are straight out of the garden.

Megane said...

hoodie footies??? where do they come up with this stuff?! I love reading your blog! and I love that your hubby reads it too!

iMzOOL said...

on christmas eve nick had me open a present and it was the leopard hoodie footies (minus the hood—looks like i got jipped). i scoffed at them and then tried them on...they are a delight. just sayin. possibly a guilty pleasure for no one to see. guess you don't knock it until you try it.

:)