Monday, February 7, 2011

I LOVE Spending time with my Sister

"Why would ANYONE live in Iowa?" she asked as we met up in the sub zero temperatures outside the Des Moines airport.

"G-g-g-good q-q-question," I replied as we loaded her things into the car.

"You should have told me to bring Little Nicky, Liz. It's freezing here."

She was right. Little Nicky is what we call her ankle length puffy down coat and she desperately needed that thing while she was here.

Oh, well. She was here, even if she was cold.

The first night she was here, we went to the movies. It was a Tuesday, so we had to take advantage of Stimulus Tuesday. Of course, the popcorn was to be our dinner, so we had to skip the dollar bag and go for the big one. I don't know what people do who don't go to the movies. We saw Country Strong and it was exactly what we expected.

Sara was a good luck charm during the month of January. Everywhere we went, we had great parking. It was magical. I took her to the mall on a Friday night and introduced her to the phenomenon of the Junior High School Students who Hang Out at The Mall.
Here is a terrible picture of Grant and me on my bed. Not a terrible picture of Grant. Just a bad photo.
This is what Sara looks like when she travels with Grant. The carseat is hooked to her backpack with a carabiner. You should know that Sara never stops smiling. She is the happiest, most optimistic person I know.

I didn't tell you about the guy that wanted to fight Robert at the gas station while she was here, the copious amount of calories and fat that was cooked and consumed, and the laundry that didn't even get a glance for two weeks.

Seriously, she saved January.

3 comments:

Christie said...

Jealous! Jealous! Jealous! It would be so fun to hang with you two. And I would like the story of Robert almost fighting, please. Sounds like a doozy.

diana said...

Wait, who want want to pick a fight with Robert?

And I love that Sara is always smiling too. That's one of the best things about being around her. Her happiness is contagious. (You're pretty cool too, you know.)

I'm so glad you got to hang out together.

How about making a warm, tropical climate the next vaycay?

Robyn said...

You two make a great combo! You know a sister really loves you if she is willing to come in January.

Sounds like there are more stories we need to hear. Do share!