Saturday, May 16, 2009

One Way to Host a Successful Party

A step by step guide

1.  Invite me.  I mean it.  I love parties.
2.  Invite a few other people, because I do well when I play with others.
3.  Invite everyone to bring a Few of Their Favorite Things.  Three of their favorite things, to be precise.  Three of the same thing, to clarify.
4.  Serve lots and lots of yummy food and have big glasses for my water so that I don't need to constantly refill. 
5.  Put everyone's name into a jar three times and allow everyone to draw three different names out of the jar.  Then everyone swaps their Favorite Things!

This party works because:

1.  Good food alone usually equals a good party.  
2.  You are not pressuring me to buy any scented candles or overpriced kitchen ware or obscenely tight tee shirts.  
3.  I have the opportunity to get a glimpse into other people's personalities and their Favorite Things are a great topic of conversation.


One of my Favorite Things just happens to be a Pretty Apron.  I also enjoy modeling my favorite things/having my picture taken.




I think that it's fun to wear Pretty Aprons, even if you aren't much of a cook.  It's okay to attempt to pass local take-out as home cooked to one's mother in law as long as one is wearing a Pretty Apron while doing so.  (Not that I would ever/have ever done this.)

I think this party has the potential to be a super fun Blog Swap.  Somebody else host it, though.  I just want to be invited.


12 comments:

sarita said...

The only thing I would add to your list is "enough chairs for everyone to sit down." Next time we'll use your house (I'll still host, of course, so you don't have to).

I wanted one of your aprons SO bad! Seriously, will you teach me how to make those? I love the bow on the black one, the colors of the red one, and the sassy pocket on the yellow one.

Kelly said...

I wanted one of you aprons So bad too! They are very cute and I really need one.

Sissy Jackson said...

You do love your aprons. Love em!

That's Ms. Amy to You... said...

I am VERY envious of your sewing skills. You've inspired me to craft my own apron - later in the summer. Thanks for being awesome (and posh)!

THE COX FAMILY said...

Love, Love, Love that idea. Now if I ever get the energy to do a party like that I will for sure invite you:)

Chrissy Jo said...

I, too, really wanted one of your aprons. They were ALL very cute and as hard as I tried to send positive vibes your way... it just wasn't meant to be.

Unknown said...

What a great party plan and the aprons are totally awesome. How about moving back to Utah so we can participate.

Robyn said...

Not only are you HOT, but I love you even more for posing in your own aprons (which I was DYING to win, but then I consoled myself through slow breathing and thoughts of "we're really good friends, I'm pretty sure she will make me one sometime.") That's how I got through the night.

Thanks for coming! You sure know how to make a party fun.

Christie said...

GENIUS, I tell you, GENIUS.

I will be copying this EXACT party sometime soon. Thanks for the idea.

Evans Family said...

LOVE it! I am thinking...next Enrichment activity.

mae said...

Tell me you did not make those aprons. wha???? I am so impressed. I have said it before and I will say it again...what don't you do??

My Voice Marshfield said...

I'll have one. When can you come?