Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I am so Posh

Today I was told that Butterflies and Owls are trendy.  My friend Christie told me so and I believe her.  She's the type to know these things.

What she doesn't know but is about to learn is that a few weeks ago as I was browsing the local Goodwill I stumbled across several treasures.  I was thrilled to find some cups and saucers in my discontinued Pfaltzgraff pattern (Acadia, just in case you were wondering.)  I also found a yellow leather handbag that had my name written all over it.

And I found this:
I brought it home with the intention of using the frame and discarding the owl.  I mean, really, who needs another Crabby Yarn Owl in their house?  This feathered friend is so cross.  He spent a few days leaning against a wall, and then he was eventually dubbed "Scott" due to his perpetual scowl.  (I have a brother Scott who is quite fond of his own perpetual scowl.  He finds smiling to be terribly overrated.)  What can I say?  The Owl and his Scowl grew on me.  Now he hangs in our dining room daring us not to finish our veggies.

Owls?  Check.

What about the butterflies?  Funny you should ask.  Behold, my mother's day gift:

Sent by my own mother to celebrate my motherhood.  It is cut crystal and is very dainty and feminine.  Not a bit dour.  Quite cheerful, in fact.  Also, apparently, trendy.  No surprise, really, because my mother has said, and I quote:  "I embrace all trends."  She has a flair for the fashionable.

Butterflies?  Check.




Now I just need to get a pair of pegged pants, I mean Skinny Jeans and a pair of jelly shoes, I mean gladiator sandals and you can start calling me Victoria Beckham.






9 comments:

That's Ms. Amy to You... said...

And you said there was nothing good in the local Goodwills. I see how it is. You're just taking all the good stuff before the rest of us can get our grubby mitts on it.

Christie said...

Please never take any advice I offer. Especially related to fashion. I only know what's in style by watching "The Real Housewives of the..." [insert city name here].

And those shows really only tell me how to backstab your friends, cheat on your husband, and dress like a skank.

And you, my dear, are more spicy than Posh ever will be.

Shannon Smith said...

I'm in love with your necklace! How sweet of your mom. And for some reason, the owl reminds me of a saturday morning cartoon from ages ago. Random, yes.

Chrissy Jo said...

Don't you love Goodwill/DI/Garage Sale finds? They make my year! The owl kind of reminds me of the tootsie roll pop owl on commercials during my childhood years. I love the necklace... oh, and I'm totally feeling awkward in my "gladiator sandals" this season.... but my fashion advisor says they are the way to go. What do you think?

Sara said...

Scott. I'm still laughing at that one. Good one, sis, good one.

jamirodana said...

haha Funny!
Cute necklace!
Not cute owl.
As for skinny jeans, you could pull them off, I cannot!

Robyn said...

Love the necklace! Can't wait to see it in person.

Bought some skinny jeans last week- scared to DEATH to wear them!!

THE COX FAMILY said...

Owls and Butterflies... Huh Sounds good to me. I Do love the necklace and the yarn owl is sort of odd but interesting. Have I ever mentioned I love your posting talent?

Unknown said...

Your Mom has awesome taste and as far as that owl well we had a beanie baby that watched the kids eat.