Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Last 6 Months Part 5


This series needs to be renamed "People Who Have Stayed in the Guest Room."

My dad and his wife, Nana Sue, stayed for a night in February. I loved showing them around my town, however, I do have a piece of advice to offer. If your parents split up after you become an adult and then get remarried, have a discussion about how their new spouse would like to be introduced to your friends and acquaintances. I'm socially awkward and I learned this lesson the hard way.

"This is my dad, and his- my- uh- er- " 

We all drove up to SLC for some time on the slopes with my brother. Jack and Creed rode in the car with their grandpa and Sue, Sara, and I joined them the next day. 

The kids had a day off in February, so I decided to load them up and drive them to Salt Lake for another weekend at Brighton. I have no pictures of Robert in his snow gear because he was working the weekend my dad was here and again this weekend . . . boo. But also, yay! My husband has a job!

Wouldn't you know it, but we ran into Candace at Brighton. I hadn't seen her in over a year! Candace is my friend who spent a week in Chicago with me, Shannon, and Jackie a few years ago. Click here to read about our trip.

Creed turned 11 and he LOVED his birthday cake.

Amanda Hancock came all the way from Iowa for a visit! I, of course, dragged her to ZNP. We hiked Angel's Landing and this time our lives were in true peril.

 There was so much ice and snow on the mountain I was terrified that someone would plummet to their death.

Christopher Garff and his Brazilian friend Joyce also spent the weekend here. They were smart enough to turn back on the trail long before we did. In truth, Jack and Creed were so far ahead of me, I was trying to catch up to them and tell them to turn around. I don't know if they understand just how close we all were to meeting an actual Angel at Angel's Landing. (To be clear: Stella and George didn't hike any of the really dangerous portions of the trail. They stayed with their dad at "base camp.")


The day we spent in Zion's was Creed's birthday and we continued our theme of the month by running into one of our friends on the trail. They  had a great time hiking down the mountain together.

Amanda and I went to Las Vegas for some shopping, some spa time, and some eating. The Bananas Foster at Mon Ami Gabi is divine.




FYI: We loved The Hunger Games. I've seen it twice.

2 comments:

Christie said...

How awesome that you get the desert and the ski slopes, all within hours of each other. I think you truly live in the best place on earth.

Sissy Jackson said...

You guys need to come and visit the Grand Canyon and stay with US! Only an hour from the Canyon!