Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tales from the Road


This is us on our way to SLC from Anaheim. Robert's amazing older brother lent us his humongoid car so that we could drive together from Sara's place. Robert and Ryan are in the front. Creed loved his spot, he kept calling it his mancave.

This is what Creed looked like when we pulled into the McDonald's parking lot in Lehi. He was sound asleep underneath all his stuff.

The texting conversation that brought Dallas to Lehi from Bountiful went something like this:

Dallas: How is the trip going?
Me: Great!
Dallas: Will we see you?
Me: I don't know. We have to drive up to Sara's, drop a few people off, then drive down to Earl's to get our car and then back to Sara's. It will probably be pretty late by then.
Dallas: How can I help eliminate some of the backtracking?
Me: Really? Want to meet us in Lehi and take a few of us to Clearfield?
Dallas: I'll bring the van and meet you there!
Me: We are about two hours away. Bob says we could ride someone on the floor from Lehi if you change your mind.
Dallas: Heck no! I don't want to miss the party!

And with that last statement, I knew that somewhere up the family tree we must be related. We met at the Lehi Roller Mills exit, aka the Footloose exit and it was the Smith's to the rescue again. Dallas is Kate's brother and Doug's son. The Kate and Doug who met us at Disney.

Shout out: Dallas is also our accountant and he can do your taxes no matter where you live. You should use him. He always has to redo people's past taxes when they went to H&R Block or people who come to him who have been doing their own. Translated: He gets them MORE MONEY! His office is called Redwood Tax.


Sara, Jack and I went with Dallas. We stopped at his house and lucky for us Vinny and Shannon were still up. Shannon is my friend with whom I spent a long weekend in Chicago a few years ago. I am so lucky to know the Smiths and I'm beyond happy that Dallas and Robert are friends.

Side note: One time Doug helped me get my wedding ring out of the pawn shop when I had sold it to buy groceries during medical school.


And here Sara models her amazing new knife.

Tip: don't buy junky knives. Good knives in the kitchen can make all the difference. All you need is one great Chef's knife and a paring knife. You can add a bread knife if you make/buy a lot of bread that needs to be sliced. Also, hone your knives every time you use them and have them professionally sharpened once a year. Bob thinks we also need steak knives.

Gandalf! Mountains!


I-80 Sunset

My mom came to see us last week, and I took a few pictures. The photo-dump marathon is still not over.

Question: Why are several of my photographs not showing up in my archives? I noticed as I went back to link to older posts that many of my iPhotos are missing. Any insight?

2 comments:

Dallas said...

Great post! Your old pics were probably hosted on your .mac account instead of on blogspot and the links that point to them are no longer working. That's my guess.

Becky said...

You pawned your wedding ring to buy groceries?! We should have had you over for dinner!