Sunday, August 30, 2009

No Laughing Matter

Bob is out of town and he has the baby with him. I can't talk about how much I miss George. He won't know me when he comes home, I'm sure. He doesn't miss me very much, and that's as it should be. They have been gone two days shy of a month and when the kids started school, I found myself with a week of days to fill. A whole week of no daytime children. No noses to wipe or wounds to minister. No naps around which to schedule my days and no older kids looking for a referee. I painted Stella's room, reorganized the closets, changed the sheets on all the beds, and completed menus and shopping trips (Hello! a glimpse into my future of grocery shopping with no children. Truthfully, I kind of missed them she sheepishly admitted.)

Finally, I was able to sit down and get to work on the solution to world hunger.

But first my pesky brain wandered over to dear old Robert. My brain does that in the middle of the day even when he's not light years away. What can I say? I like my husband and I like to think about him. He makes me laugh and world hunger does not.

The following video is for him, but I'm not even sure he looks at the blog very often. Maybe more often this past month, though.

World hunger will just have to wait for another day, I guess.



16 comments:

That's Ms. Amy to You... said...

Bob definitely needs to get home soon. You have FAR too much time on your hands without him & George. I hope I see this on YouTube soon.

Kelly said...

Liz, Bob is one lucky guy. I'm excited for you. Only ONE more day!!!

bamatamb said...

Oh Liz, your husband is such a lucky guy....What a great video. BTW, I never told you, but I LOVE your kids' names. They are absolutely perfect!

Christie said...

You are SO PRETTY. Does he tell you that every day?

Fabulous video. Love it to pieces.

Chrissy Jo said...

Oh Liz, this is a perfect example of why I want to be your friend. You are fabulous! This video was fabulous... absolutely fabulous...

danandcindy said...

Holy Crap, that was very sweet.

That's Ms. Amy to You... said...

PS - I meant that with love.

And my verification word is eckedle. Can you use that in a sentence?

Karen said...

You are so funny!!! That was excellent!!! Robert and George are so sad without you too! Hang in there... one more day!

We all miss you!

P.S. You look beautiful!!!

Christie said...

I am not the pot nor the kettle. I am the ugly step sister looking with a teense bit of jealousy at Cinderella.

SERIOUSLY. Look in the mirror and see that what I say is true, my friend.

Sara said...

Best video evah!

sarita said...

Love it! I also love the outfit you are wearing while hanging out on Ingersoll. So sassy. But I hate the part about you missing George. Makes me sad. I'm sure that if he doesn't remember you it will only take him 2.5 seconds after he sees you to stop forgetting.

Cindy said...

Wow! I am so impressed. I dind't know if I should be laughing at the random people on the street or crying... What a lucky man. I am sure that there will be smiles all around tomorrow! So glad that everyone will be together very soon.

Robert or Liz said...

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go.
I'm standing here outside the door. . .

I'm leaving on a jet plane. . .

be home soon honey

Nikki said...

Hey! I'm just now responding to your comment on my blog, and no I don't think we've met (but we should, b/c you seem fabulous :)). Hope you found your smile this week!

Robyn said...

That was glorious. I want to watch it over and over. I almost feel like sending my husband out of town so I can do the same thing.. nevermind.

I did wonder for .2 seconds why we weren't among the frowny friends......

Seriously, such a thoughtful fun thing to do. You are great. Just great!!

Pearson Family said...

I'm glad I saw this video after you'r family reunited so that I can laugh at your creativity instead of cry over your pain.