Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I swear we don't eat this every night of the week

I'm almost too embarrassed to post this because it barely qualifies as cooking.  However, Ms. Amy asked for it, and what Ms. Amy wants, Ms. Amy gets.

How to Make Bar-B-Qued Meatballs with Mashed Potatoes

Step 1.  Put a bunch of frozen meatballs (the kind you get in the freezer section at Costco) into a saucepan.

Step 2.  Dump a bunch of you favorite bar-b-que sauce on them.

Step 3.  Cover and heat on low to medium heat until heated through.

In the meantime . . . 

Make mashed potatoes.  And here, if my mother was in a grave, she would be rolling over in it. My mother is not in a grave, but she does read this dribble and she is about to choke on her Diet Coke.  I used those potato flakey thingys.  Oh, yes I did.  And my kids loved them.

Serve the meatballs with the mashed potatoes and a green salad on the side.  Just let your kids put ranch on the salad, and they'll eat it.  At least mine do.  

Then again, my kids also eat those nasty bbq meatballs, too.

7 comments:

Sissy Jackson said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! I LOVE U!!!!!

mae said...

I have to admit that those Costco meatballs in bbq sauce is on my list of gross things that I love.

That's Ms. Amy to You... said...

Now that I have been mentioned on RosieBlog, I am FAMOUS! Thanks for the BBQ meatball recipe. I will have to add that in to the dinner rotation this fall. Maybe my kids will even eat them. Maybe.

Christie said...

What does it say about me that I put that on my menu last night before even getting your instructions on how to make them? It sounded DEE-LISH and like something my peeps would love. We'll be having it tomorrow night. Now I don't have to guess as to what to do.

Pamela said...

I buy those meatbalss and I cook them in a marinara sauce in the crock-pot. Then I spoon them onto a hoggie bun, sprinkle with parmesan and mozarella and toast under the broiler for a few mintues. They are so yummy!! I suppose you could add mashed potatoes as a side :)

Megane said...

we put the bbq meatballs on a hot dog bun, my kids' new favorite thing, so quick for lunches if you heat them in the microwave. I will have to try them with the potatoes though!

Sara said...

HA! I use flaky potatoes every once in a while. I just CANNOT make mashed potatoes to save my life.