Sunday, July 16, 2017

Jack's Senior Year Wrap-up

Jack had an excellent high school experience. He worked hard, earned good grades, went on lots of dates, played tennis, sang with the choir, and seemed to enjoy every minute of it.
At the tennis banquet, Jack received the honor of team MVP. Coach Dave has known Jack and taught him the art of tennis for 5+ years. 

Love these tennis kids!

Jack was the Team Captain this year and he also earned an All Region distinction because of his good grades. 


I loved it when I arrived to a match to find that Jack and Creed were partnered in their matches. They were undefeated as a partnership for the season!

 A variety of people showed up to support the boys as they played. Grandma came to every match, their dad came when he was in town and not working, younger siblings were a fixture, and even our St. George grandpa, Bob Case, came to support!
Stella always has a deck of cards. She brought them to tennis.




Getting some pointers mid-match from coach.

High school choir concerts give me hope. This choir was outstanding and I enjoyed listening to them sing all throughout Jack's years in high school. Through the years he participated in countless concerts and festivals including handbells, solos, and chamber choir, called Trilogy. He was on the choir council his senior year. I love the boys and girls pictured here.



On Valentine's Day, Jack and his choir friends came to my school and serenaded me in front of the whole class. They loved it. I loved it. It was a moment that I will always remember. Especially now that I wrote it down and created a record of it. Ha! My memory is terrible. I need to record the family events far more often than I do. (They came when we were in the computer lab. These photos are not taken in my classroom.)
Stella was in choir at her school and for one night there was a giant concert that involved all the choirs for our cone site . . . which meant that they sang in the same concert! 




I don't have pictures of every single dance. MOMFAIL. But here are a few pictures from a few of the dances. I want to offer a general THANK YOU to the parents of the girls whom Jack dated. They were all of them strong, independent, intelligent girls who are going to be amazing women.

This may have been Senior Prom, I don't recall. Working full time during your son's senior year is a huge adjustment, especially if it's your first year teaching. By May I had cut my work days down to an average of 10 hours each day and only a few weekends. It was rough, but thanks to my mom and my responsible kids, he had a corsage for every dance. Phew.

Engine and caboose.

These two pictures are how I will remember Jack's senior year: a pair of shorts, dark socks, lanyard around his neck, and constant ice cream. He is such a great person. I am so grateful that I get to be the one person in the world he calls Mom.

1 comment:

diana said...

Oh how I love that kid too!