Tuesday, October 6, 2009

We need more . . .

. . . Backyard Karaoke!

As much as I love living in Iowa, there is one thing that is missing (besides you, of course!) I have yet to be invited to or even hear about any backyard karaoke parties. Yeah, yeah, we play plenty of SingStar and Rock Band, but there really is nothing like a good backyard Karaoke party to kick off the holiday season.

A backyard Karaoke party complete with cookies, hot chocolate, eclairs, cotton candy, costumes, and festive wooden cutouts.

What?

You think this party sounds like something out of my imagination? You think I am telling fairy tales and a party this spectacular is pure fantasy? Well, think again, my friends.

Check out my mom and my sister singing John Denver. And just in case you didn't notice, they are pretty much singing to me. Hard to tell we're related, eh?

(And somebody, for the love of Pete, host a backyard karaoke party around here.)

7 comments:

Kelly said...

I think that sounds like a great idea Liz. I nominate you to host one. Not only is any get together at your house sure to be fun but I doubt anyone else could make the festive wooden cutouts the way you are imaging them. Go for it. Have a party.

Sara said...

We sounded SO good. We sure missed you and bob singing love shack.

Sissy Jackson said...

I'll DO IT! Come on over. The kids can sing and jump on the tramp and we even have a fire pit in the back yard. Let me know when you want it. Love you!

diana said...

First of all, I am loving all the posts you have been giving us. Yours is one of my all time favorite blogs to read. So thank you.

Second, wow, Sara's got some great lungs on her doesn't she? There were some high notes she was hitting perfectly in that number. Way to go Sara!

Third, well, I don't really have a third. Even if I did host a karaoke party, you probably couldn't come. Or would you? Is that all it would take?

I'm on it! See you in Oahu. I'm sure I'll have a beautiful backyard.

Christie said...

Your mom and Sara are total rock stars. I bow to their talent and would come to one of those parties any day.

The Yarn Queen said...

You are freakin crazy girl. Have fun, waiting to see the new reel with baited breath.

Liz said...

Kelly: I don't care what the decorations look like, as long as I don't have to be in charge! (Wink, Wink)

Sara: I was there in spirit, believe me.

Sissy: Just how far away IS Kalamazoo? Can we come this weekend? (No school on Monday.)

Diana: Thank you so much for the kind words! Sara is a great singer, always has been. My favorite memories with her are those that include singing together, which, let's face it, that's just about every memory!

Christie: It really is a great party. I think you would enjoy it.

Y.Q.: I'm go glad to hear that you enjoy my nutty films.