Wednesday, August 22, 2007

And they still hugged me goodbye . . .



School doesn’t start until 8:55 here. If perfection is any better than that, I can’t imagine it. My hair was actually combed and I applied some mascara before we had to leave. Stella took a bath (first one in three days, so gross) and we all ate breakfast together (minus dad, who leaves for work around 5:30). All in all a lovely morning.


Their school isn’t like anything I’ve seen before. The classrooms for each grade open up to a central “living room” in which the different classes actually interact with each other. Walls can be moved and arranged at will. I’m excited to see how the teachers utilize this feature.


In the foyer of the school, we split: the third grade hall is in one direction, the first grade hall in another. Jack assured me he could find his classroom (we had been to the school earlier in the week to meet their teachers and orient ourselves) and so off he went.


But not before giving his ol’ mama a hug. I hope he never outgrows it. I know I never will.