Thursday, August 23, 2012

On Second Thought, I May Be a Water Buffalo

I used to think I was a mama lion. Fiercely protective of my pups if I ever thought they were in danger, or in pain, or under attack.

Now I'm not so sure.

Please, watch this video and then you can read my obvious metaphor. It is worth 8 1/2 minutes of your life.




Lions: mmm! I'm in the mood for baby water buffalo.

Water Buffs: AAAHHH!!! Run away! Run away!

Lions: Looks like baby water buffalo is on the menu.

Croc: Yeah, that sounds good. Give me some a-that!

Lions: No Way. This baby water buffalo belongs to us.

Water Buffs: WRONG. He belongs to US. SCRAM.

Call me an eternal optimist, but it looks to me like it's never too late for your herd to come to your rescue.

The key seems to be: Once your herd arrives, YOU have to be the one to stand up and run through the pain~ away from the lions~ and into the safety of your herd.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Wow! That was amazing. Those people got their money's worth on that safari!!

diana said...

Why am I bawling???

bamatamb said...

The thing that I thought was interesting was how LONG it took before the herd came around; I thought the baby was surely a goner....Maybe the metaphor there is that we have to let our teenagers/young adult kids have some freedom to make some mistakes?? But then always be there as soon as they find the strength to come back. And THEN, beat the crap out of the people who hurt our babies!! :)

Thanks for sharing this; it was really interesting!