Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Right Now

We are in the midst of one of my favorite weeks of the year.

Our days consist of sleeping in, boxes of chocolate, movie marathons, Wii dance-offs and a fridge full of leftover dips and treats. My kids keep begging me to play games with them and I indulge in hours of guilt-free face time.

Am I the only one who feels guilty about just hanging out with my kids? I'm genuinely happy that they actually still WANT to be with me and include me in their lives, but at the same time I'm thinking about all the work that needs to be done that I don't always Enjoy the Moment.

Not this week.

This week, laundry gets done. Sometimes.
Meals are irregular because nobody is very hungry. (See: the fridge full of leftover treats.)
Sometimes we get dressed.

It's the post-Christmas haze and I'm not saying that we haven't had the Traditional Christmas Meltdown or that I haven't been Bursting Out of My Jeans (see: that darn fridge full of leftover treats), but all in all I'm enjoying the week.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I'm so fat right now!!!

Our flight got in close to midnight last night. Today I slept in REALLY late and then starting slowly unpacking. I even played a video game with my kids! We're hungry and have nothing in our fridge, since we were gone for Christmas, but no one wants to get dressed so we can go get some food. Merry week after Christmas!