Friday, December 10, 2010

Not Meant for Human Consumption


Gingerbread Houses 2010

Number of houses made this year: 16, I think, not all by me. I made only one.
Number of Icing Batches: 20?
Number of broken pieces glued back together: at least 4 (one house ended up being supported with cardboard glued to the inside of it.)
Number of Kids underfoot: ZERO (we made them on a Friday night without kids. That was genius.)
Number of years in a row I've been involved in Gingerbread making: 28

Gingerbread Houses with Stained Glass Windows is the longest running tradition I have. Besides my tradition of General Laziness.

I have absolutely nothing at all going on this time of year. In fact, this is the time of year that I have a lot more Nothing to Do than usual, so I say to myself: Self! Build a gingerbread house. From scratch. With stained glass windows.

And I do it.

3 comments:

Em said...

Those are awesome. :)

Sara said...

Nothing to do this time of year? You maka me laugha.

mae said...

whats wrong with eating glue and raw eggs?