Friday, November 20, 2009

A List of Some Things I Love . . .

. . . and for which I feel Grateful:


1. Robert
2. Anytime Robert makes me laugh
3. My Children
4. Anytime I hear my Children laugh
5. Anytime I can make my children laugh
6. Eddie


7. Every time Eddie does the dishes (almost every night!)

8. Unlimited Long Distance from Qwest

9. Christmas music, especially: The Carpenters (for when I'm feeling all nostalgic about Christmas), Harry Connick, Jr., Jewel, Sarah McLachlin (for when I'm feeling all melancholy about the Holidays), Nat King Cole

10. Bedtime, and generally putting my kids to bed (the young ones) and visiting the kids after they go to bed (the older ones.) I love bedtime, not for the fact that they are going to bed, but for the few moments we share before they go to sleep. I like to hear the day's recap, this is often when they make requests (most recently: Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Dog Days), all four of them still love a bedtime snuggle. I just love bedtime.

6 comments:

sarita said...

I keep forgetting to tell you every time I see you, but I followed your advice about bedtime with Isaac (do you remember when I asked you for bedtime advice? I ask you so often that it might be a blur) and told him that I wasn't going to go back into his room after I said goodnight. I didn't, he cried for one night, and now bedtime is so much more enjoyable! Thank you!
You are truly blessed with all you have to be thankful for, and I am blessed to know you and call you friend!

mae said...

The logs on the fire baby.

THE COX FAMILY said...

That is a fabulous list. I think I'm going to have to start listening FM100 for some good ol Carpenters. They are my favorite Christmas album.

Robyn said...

I'm grateful for Liz. Especially when she makes me laugh. Which is pretty much anytime I interact with her.

The Yarn Queen said...

Sweet. I really can appreciate this post.

Marie said...

What? You love bedtime? What IS your secret? I dread bedtime. I would much rather stay up late with the kids reading books, eating candy or playing games. Anything but putting them to bed. What IS your secret?????