Monday, February 16, 2009

Breaking News



Sara (my sister) is a mom!  She and Ryan are the happiest clams on the beach.  

Her water broke at the house last evening at 6:45 pm.  Baby boy was born this morning at 3:13 am.  

5 pounds, 8 oz 
19 1/2 inches long
lots of dark brown hair
no name yet

Sara is doing well.  Baby is four weeks early and spending some time in the Newborn Intensive Care Unit.  
Hooray for Ryan and Sara!  I can't wait to meet the little guy.

Post Script:  Grant Paul is out of the I.C.U. and doing well.

7 comments:

Shannon Smith said...

How exciting! Any idea how long the little guy will have to be in the NICU? Pass along our congratulations!

mae said...

Yes- congrats to Sara and Ryan! Four weeks early and so big- maybe the due date was off?? He is such a cutie.

Phoebe said...

I saw that on your mom's facebook. That's so exciting! Why don't my babies come 4 weeks early? On second thought, I think I'd rather keep 'em in there. I'm weird like that.

Linette Smith said...

I talked to Julie this morning and she said the baby was out of nicu and was with his mommy. he was eating, holding his body temp, and breathing just right. how fun!!!

The Yarn Queen said...

How wonderful, You're an Aunt. Congrats all around.

Christie said...

That has got to be the best news I have heard all day. Yay for them! Wish I was close - I'd cuddle him and smell that yummy neck. Smell it for me while you're there, will you?

Megan said...

YEAH!!! I am so excited for them. Love the name, however, how am I ever going to catch up with my baby knitting if these babies keep coming early?