Thursday, April 26, 2007

Happenings

Today I:

Had lunch with most of my aunties, a few of my uncles, my mother, my sister, and my grandfather plus my daughter. Four generations of Danes. I love spending time with people who have known me all my life. My family are the people who love me in spite of my (many) faults and hold a magnifying glass up to my strengths.


Last night, in an attempt to conform to the popular perception of beauty, I:

Rubbed tan-in-a-can all over my pale arms and legs. I fell asleep to the enticing aroma of cardboard mixed with corn chips and I woke up to striped arms and white spots on my ankles. Is this an example of the universal struggle between man and nature? No matter what I do, I will never be a tan girl. I have red hair, blue eyes, and pale skin. Period. You win, Mother Nature. If my husband were attracted to exotic beauties, he would have married a girl that looks just like his sisters. Besides, in the Philippines, I AM the exotic one.


Coming up:

Wedding on Saturday. Jack’s surgery on Monday. Leave for HB on Friday. I guess I better start packing up the house some time because we are moving across several states the first week of June. Oh, and if I plan on taking any boxes with us, I had better reserve a truck. The kids have a piano recital in May. Squeeze in as much time as I can with the people I love in the next few weeks, since before I know it, it will be a fourteen hour drive to see any of them.


Right now:

My mother made dinner, and as I type she is sitting with my kids eating. I am going to join them. Ta Ta.