Sunday, May 13, 2018

May the Fourth and Revenge of the Fifth

One of the perks of teaching elementary school is that you get to celebrate all the random holidays with people who also love celebrating the random holidays.

 We went to see Weird Al in concert on May 4th and ran into lots of friends. It was a really fun concert. Weird Al is so talented! Not a missed note, not a skipped beat in the night. I was really impressed.

Creed and George were laughing so hard at the comedian who opened for Al that I just had to sneak a picture of their joy. The guy's name was Emo Phillips. We left the concert before it was over because Robert was competing in the Ironman Triathlon the the next day. A comedy rock concert is exactly what all the elite athletes do the night before a big race!
 He did it! I was so proud of him. I spent the day driving kids all over town for rehearsals and recitals and running errands for school dances, so I missed him crossing the finish line. I was so sad about that, but unbelievably proud of him. Maybe I should set a PE type of goal. Do a push up now and then? Take the stairs more? Something along those lines . . . except there aren't a lot of stairs in St. George. 
Even though I missed the big moment, my mom and Jim made there to support him. They really are the best. And so is Bob.

No comments: