Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Caboose no More

Remember how I used to always call George my Caboose? Well, he is going to become a big brother this year. His baby sister is due to make her appearance in mid-May. I can't believe I am going to have five, FIVE children.

Last summer I drove my kids to Big Sky Lake, Montana and spent a few weeks with my mom, Grandpa Jim, my sister, and her kids.

Montana: I totally get it now.

Here are 20 pictures from that trip.
Seeley Lake was the closest town. We enjoyed way too much ice cream from The Ice Cream Shop.

In Seeley Lake

View of the cabin from the lakeside

Have you ever seen a more beautiful hair adornment, or a more friendly butterfly?

The kids spent days catching turtles and filling the paddle boat with them before releasing them back into the lake.

Ready to go mountain biking: don't forget the bear spray!
I can't remember the name of this island right now. Grandma Falls Island?

George and Grant exploring one of the islands


Taking Stella for a ride on the kayak

This was the first time in years that I had seen Stella wear pants!

They are getting so big . . . 

This was Jack's 13th birthday. He is a teenager.

Grant and Grandma on the Party Boat.

Jack and the kid from the next cabin.

Seeley Lake







This is my last baby. I promise.

11 comments:

Kelly said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you. And five kids. It's sounds scary to me! We will be up to five just after you. I'm still in shock over it! Hope all is well with you.

sarita said...

Congratulations! I saw a couple of your recent maternity clothes ideas on pinterest and had my suspicions. I'm so glad it's true!

Chrissy Jo said...

I heard the news a few months ago and tried to text you and then realized that you had changed your number. Congratulations! And Stella gets a SISTER! Sisters are the best. I'm so happy for all of you!

Devin & Shalise said...

Congrats you guys! How exciting that Stella gets a sister! I can't believe how big all your kids are getting! Yelp!

Christie said...

AAHHH!!! Congratulations! That makes me so happy! You have the most beautiful children - can't wait to meet the new little girl!

That's Ms. Amy to You... said...

Oh you are so lucky! A new baby, and a new sister for the family! Sigh..... so happy for you.

Mark and Aupreille said...

Such wonderful news! I swear almost everyone we knew out in Iowa is now pregnant. I am so glad that you will have 5 kids because I've seen you do it with 5-6 when your brothers were with you. and how fun that it's a little girl! We are having a little girl the end of April/early May :)

Karissa said...

Liz, That is such wonderful news! I am so happy for you guys! It will be so fun to have another little baby girl! We are expecting a boy in March, and I'm a little scared at the thought of three- I know you will do amazing things with all five of yours!

Congrats again!
Karissa

bamatamb said...

Wahoo!! Congrats on your sweet baby girl!

Becky said...

Congrats! So exciting!!

Barrett Family said...

BEST NEWS EVER!!! I was just thinking about you and sought out your blog only to see your AMAZING news! I'm so excited for your family! Your kids are so dang beautiful, sweet, incredible people... glad you're adding one more to the gang! Miss you guys!

Michelle