Monday, November 1, 2010

It's a Good Idea to Keep a Blanket In Your Car

First of all, thank you to all of you who have expresses love and support and solidarity regarding my husband's father. It means so much to both of us right now. We decided to come to Utah and spend a few days with our family, and it has been wonderful.

We left on Friday after work and relived last year's Christmas dinner at the Quik Trip on our way out of town.



We drove all night and after a pit stop in Park City to freshen up and say "hey" to my mom and Jim, we came to Bob's sister's house and finished up the boys' Halloween costumes. They were Vikings, and Stella and George were dragons. Trick or treating with cousins beats trick or treating without, no contest.


Today I caught up with my punk brother and rubbed my knuckles on his head.



Stella did her best to remind him why he moved out in the first place.

Now, however, after a series of unfortunate events, we are locked out of the house at two in the morning. Nobody will wake up. We have called and rung the bell, they are all exhausted. Our only option is to sleep in the car. In the time it took me to type this, George and Robert have passed out. I think I'll join them.



Nighty Night!

6 comments:

Liz said...

Okay, I can't figure out how to edit a post from my phone after I published, but you should know that the rice cooker was totally FULL OF RICE when we arrived yesterday.

Christie said...

Oh, tragic! I hope it wasn't too cold. At least it's a good story, right?

iMzOOL said...

i hope you make some great memories and have the time you need on this trip to utah. love you and praying for you and your family. i wish you would have called me and i would have rescued you by doing a karate chop to the door. he he he. i hate being locked out in the middle of the night.

Sissy Jackson said...

Dang...bummer about being locked out but great that you were prepared! Love you girl.

diana said...

I still can't believe you got locked out after saying, "we better go; we're gonna get locked out!" all night. But I'm so glad you stayed up with us and we could talk and laugh and reminisce all night. Miss you already.

The Yarn Queen said...

I'm so sorry you have to deal with the big "C" in your life. It seems to drop in all around us and it's never welcome. Please tell them we will pray for all of you and we love you.